I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Man Attacked By Duck And Lives To Tell About It


The love a mother has for her children is immeasurable. She will go up against the largest of foes when she feels her children are in danger. At the same time, a father will dare great perils to try and look cool to his kids. The following example of this actually happened. No parents or children were hurt in this adventure.
On the same night that we say the crazy ladie trying to drive up the pole we were at a park in downtown OKC. There is a large pond there where ducks and geese stay. We had taken some food to feed them. There was a mother duck there with her three ducklings. They were extremely cute and the girls were going nuts over them. They were alomost getting close enough for us to feed out of our hand. Finally the girls started trying to feed the geese. I stayed with the ducks. I was able to get between them and the pond and catch one of the ducklings. My plan was for the girls to pet the baby duck. What I did not plan on was the ferocity with which the mother would protect her young. I am a big guy at six feet three inches and 220. Ok, 235 and this duck may have weighed all of 8 pounds. This duck starts to FREAK OUT!!! It is flying at me hitting me in the head and back. Joy and the girls start screaming at me, "Put the duck down! Put the duck down!" I said, "I want the girls to pet it." Joy comes back with, "Put the duck down before you get hurt!" (Yes there was laughter at this point) I had been beaten. I put the duck down and they all ran away from me. After much chastisement from Joy and my daughters I tried to make piece with our feathered friends. I put some more food down for them but the mother duck put her nose in the air, showed her butt to me and took her babies into the water and swam to the other side of the pond. I had been snubbed. I walked away with a shame I will carry forever.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    Awww! Poor Monty.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kimi Jo said…

    I do not feel sorry for you. The way I see it is if a stranger came and picked up one of your children, Joy would attack like a rabid pit bull or a crazy ass duck. So what would you expect. HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Gordo said…

    Shut up Kim.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Kimi Jo said…

    WHAT, I CANNOT HEAR YOU......ALL I HEAR IS A QUACKING DUCK YELLING PUT DOWN MY BABY YOU A HOLE...OH AND HERE IS YOUR SIGN!!!!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Gordo said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    Update damn it, so I can put you back on my list...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer