I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Why I Hate The Easter Bunny


How could I hate a fluffy, cute little symbol of Easter? It's easy. The thing is evil. Easter falls in the Spring when many ancient cultures had their fertility rituals. Since rabbits breed quite fast and efficiently they were worshipped and sacrificed for good crops. As Christian's, why should we have some pagan symbol as one of the most recognizable signs of a Holy holiday? And why do we want this rodent sneaking into our homes to leave treats for our kids? Any other time we have rodents in our house we get rid of them yet we welcome this thing in with open arms. Lets face it a rabbit is just a rat with a better tail and nobody likes rats.
And another thing. At Easter we have a rodent going around hiding eggs. One of two things is going on here. Either the Easter bunny is some crazy mutated mammal that has come how started laying eggs, in which case I do not want some mutant rodent in my house, or he is a thief and why would I invite a thief into my house? What if he decided to steal some of my eggs while I was sleeping? I like eggs. What would I eat for breakfast?
After all of this you may think that I have something against rabbits or rodents. I really like rabbits, they taste like chicken. (Just kidding) No seriously, I like rabbits and I can even tolerate rats as long as they are pets and kept in a cage. It's just that damned Easter bunny that I don't like.
So this is one more thing we need to eleminate from Easter festivities. Ham and the Easter Bunny.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    Something really bad must have happened to you one Easter.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Nicolas said…

    I think easter bunny is evil... lol

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Kimi Jo said…

    your easter blogs are making me want to throw up my chocolate bunny!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer