I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Anti-Semitism In The Name Of Jesus


I cannot believe how much Easter is such an anti-Jewish holiday. I mean EVERYTHING is set against them on the Holy Christian celebration. Yes I know they have Passover which is a very important holiday to the Jewish people but we can partake in that with them. Where is there room for the Jew in Easter? There are two main points that lead me to believe they are not welcome.
First of all we are celebrating the death and resurection of Jesus the Messiah. From my understanding, people who are Jewish believe in Jesus but as a prophet and not as the savior. I feel that Christians should celebrate Easter more than we Christmas. Sure His birth was important and should be recognized but it was in His sacrifice and death that WE recieve salvation. If His blood had not been spilled for our sins we would be no better off than if he had not have lived.
The second is the traditional Easter meal, ham. Everybody knows that Jew do not eat pork. So what do Christian's serve? A big ol' honey cooked, hickory smoked, pineapple and clove wearing ham. BAM! Right there in the middle of the table. Why not hang a sign on the door saying Jews not welcome right below your swatstika?
Please do not think I am trying to put down Easter or how Christian's celebrate it but lets look at what an eletist holiday it is. I say keep the savior and throw out the ham. Lets eat a nice steak or even fish and seafood. That way we can at least eat together and as I have said before nothing brings people together like food.

Next blog: Why I hate the Easter Bunny.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    I will never, ever get rid of my ham for Easter!! Have you lost it :)

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    Your post had me doing some research on Jews and Easter - this is interesting...
    http://askelm.com/news/n010412.htm

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Joygirl said…

    Yeah - - I'm doing the ham too - -

    Where is Easter without Ham, Cadbury Eggs and Peeps?

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Kimi Jo said…

    Speaking of Peeps, if you microwave it for 10 seconds and watch it while in the microwave....it blows up to about 3x its size
    We are having a lobster fest with the inlaws!! No Ham for this Honey!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer