I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You Don't Know Jack. Bauer That Is.


My wife has a boyfriend. He works in another city and is usually to busy to call her. (Luckily) She will spend at least an hour with him a week and sometimes up to four hours ruining a whole evening. I must admit he is hard not to want to be with. He is a man's man. He takes no shit and will kill someone if they do not tell him want he wants to know. I have tried this with the kids but it does not have the same effect. The odd thing is he only really works one day a year. God knows what he does the other 364 days but he seems to be paid very well. He knows VERy powerful people, including the president of the United States. In fact he has the guy on speed dial! The place he works for seems a little flaky though. It is some counter-terrorism organization with the government. The only problem with the place is they do not seem to do any back ground checks on ANYONE! I have seen people that work there who actually where terrorists! WTF! He even got his daughter a job there right out of high school. Oh yeah. No college and she gets some kick ass job working for this govt. agency. Me, I get a degree and I can't even get hired to sell cars.
There was one year he was gone infultrating some drug ring. (This explains one absence.) While he was gone he picked up a drug habit. Did he get fired? Oh hell no. But here he is saving the U.S. from terrorist while he is driving around in his govt. vehicle shooting smack into his arm. My tax dollar at work.
He decides to retire and instead of having a party, he fakes his own death.
What is an average fellow to do? If I were to go around threatening people to get information and not telling them for whom I worked I would get locked up. Oh, but don't think I am not working up to it. I already have a number programmed into my phone that may or may not be the President.
Now tell me what I want to know or I will shoot you in the leg.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    I just laughed so hard. I've never seen this show. Joy, email me and tell me how to find Jack Bauer.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Joygirl said…

    You are the funniest guy I know - -
    I'm so glad I get to go to bed at night next to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer