I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Monday, March 27, 2006

24 More

There has been much outcry for my take on 24. So this is for my loyal reader, all three of you.
Tonite I started watching the new season. I know it is half over but I felt like I could catch up pretty quickly. It is kind of like a soap opera and relatively easy to follow. A terrorist is trying to kill a bunch of people, there are moles in the government organizations, Jack tortures someone and then saves the day.
Tonite we got to the torture part and he got to semi-torture one of my least favorite characters, Audrey Rains. Remember last season Jack electrocuted her husband and then let him die in surgery so he could give a chinese co-conspirator immunity. This season it was Audrey's turn. Her name was given to Jack by a terrorist as someone who sold her information. They want to question her at CTU but Jack wants 10 minutes alone with her first to see what he can get out of her. (We already know what Jack puts into her.) He goes in and asks her if she knows anything. Of course she doesn't. He gives her names of people in the government who are part of this years, or should I say todays, terrorist plot. He gives her the name of one of the presidents closest advisors. Yes, he is the traitor. She says that she met him in a few board meetings and that was it. Then Jack pulls out the big guns. Reciepts from a hotel that she AND the traitor stayed. Lets see, she has an affair with Jack, watches as Jack "questions" her husband with electrical wires and then she has sex with a traitor. And oh yes, he was married, but appearently seperated from his wife. So I guess that makes it ok. After Jack shows her the reciepts she is like, "Oh yeah. I did sleep with him. But it was only one time and I was embarassed to tell you because he is a traitor...now." She is supposed to be like this sympathetic character but the person I feel bad for is her dad. He is like a head of security or something for the government but his kids are so screwed up. I mean last season he found out his son was a pawn in the terrorist plot for the day and a homosexual and this year, oops I mean today, it comes out that his slut daughter slept with a traitor. I bet he hates Jack because everytime he is with him, something embarrasing comes out about his kids.
I get to add another severly despised character to my list. It is the girl that took Edgar's place. Appearently she filed a sexual harassment suit against one of her superiors. Well low and behold, he is on todays case and has a bit of a beef with her. They had a little run in and Chloe came to her rescue. I have a theory about Chloe I will discuss later in another blog. Anyway, something comes up and she is able to shed some light on the properties of miltary nerve gas. After she gives this information the Head for a Day pats her on the shoulder, tells her good job and runs to wherever it is that he takes things. After he leaves she turns to Chloe and aks, "Did you see the way he touched me on the shoulder? He should not have done that." WTF!!! It is not like he slapped her on the ass and said, "Your gettin' a big bonus now." He told her thanks. Now even Chloe thinks she is crazy. Like Chloe has any room to talk.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Joygirl said…

    Next to Crystal, you are the biggest 24 fan I know...

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    Haha - Monty I can see you now, sitting on the couch like a little boy, eyes all lit up in excitement, watching 24!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger riotgrrrlzrock said…

    Audrey's Dad is the head of the Department of Defence AKA DOD :P Now i think you are being a little hard on Audrey. not that I like her, because she is kissing on my man Jack, yes I said MY MAN, see I am the only single one here HA HA See Audrey and Paul had been seperated for abotu a year and divorce proceedings were in progress, Paul was slowing things down trying to win her back. So being with Jack when you are legally separated is not the worst thing in the world, a girl has needs ya know and they were also spending every day working together and traveling. Second, she slept with Walt ONE time and she thought Jack was dead. She had no way of knowing the status of Walt's marriage. I believe that Walt is more to blame here.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Gordo said…

    Funny how youhave worked it out in YOUR mind that it was a mans fault. Stop rationalizing and deal with the facts.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    This is getting good :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer