I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Not So Bad

The othre night I was in a bad mood when it came time to put the kids to bed. I always end up soing it. Why? It is such a hassle sometimes. Getting the bedroom cleaned up, going to the bathroom, making the bottle, saying he prayers and giving the hugs. What a pain! At least it was until I wsa awakened by what a wonderful thing it is to be the last thing your kids see before you turn out the lights. I normally get Jinny first. Since she sleeps in a crib we get to do acrobatics when we go to bed. What that means is she jumps and I will turn her upside down, do a flip or maybe a little twist before she nails her landing in her bed. THis is followed by a beautiful burst of laughter. She then sorts through the stuffed animals she wants to sleep with that night. When we finaly get snuggled in, we say our prayers. She mentions everybody in the family by name then says, "Night Night daddy." Next is Sara. She is nromally in bed waiting patiently for me to finish with Jinny. She too says her prayers and even mentions people outside our immediate family. She is such a thoughtful kid. After the prayer she is not ready for bed until she gets a hug and kiss.
What kind of a jerk dad would find all that a hassle? Not me anymore. I love it. Thank you girls.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Joygirl said…

    It's so precious... I love evenings and the morning when we wake her up and she says "Good Merning Momma".

    Merning... things like this I will never forget...


    I love having kids with you.
    Your Joy

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    You're an awesome Daddy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer