I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Friday, February 10, 2006

A Little Early But...

Valentines Day is coming up and I have it already taken care of. Last year for V-day I wanted to treat my wife to something great. First we went to dinner at a VERY nice steak house then we went and got some ice cream at Marble Slab. After eating we went to a musical at the Civic Center. When the musical was over we retired to a four star hotel for the rest of the evening. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel and walked around downtown until we figured we had abused the baby sitter long enough. It was a great night.
This year Joy said she was going to take care of V-day. I have been married for almost ten years so I know that does not get me off the hook. I still have to do something. It turns out my sister-in-law's family owns a pawn shop and they are the best place to buy jewelry in Shawnee. I got home at 12:30 thinking Joy was going to need to go to work. It turned out she did not have to go so I told her to get ready because we were going somewhere. She kept asking me where we were going but I would not tell her. After about 20 minutes on the road she figured it out. When we got there, there were several nice rings and necklaces to choose from. She looked at them for about an hour before narrowing it down to two. I already had a dollar amount that I could spend. The rings that she picked were just outside that amount but my sister-in-law being the wonderful person she is came down to my set dollar amount. (Thanks Trina) Joy loves her ring. (You can see a picture of the ring at joyketch.blogspot.com) She was so pleased with her v-day present again this year. On our way out of town, Joy saw a "fainting couch" at an antique store so we had to stop and look. While we were there she found some glasses that match a set we already have. She asked me in her best "little girl voice" if she could have them. I find it almost impossible to say 'no' to my wife, so she got them too. I am soooo easy.
I love you baby. Happy Valentines Day.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger NeverEnough said…

    Oooh Monty, you are the best! You are truly a wonderful man and I know that Joy knows this and loves you with everything in her. Now, do you have a brother?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer