I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I Am Thankful For

I could be thankful for the usual stuff like being healthy, my family, my dogs and all the other things that make up my daily life. And I am very thankful for those things. I have four great kids in the house and two others that live elsewhere who are doing well. But the thing I am most thankful for this year, right now is my marriage. My wife and I had a TERRIBLE year and I am thankful we stuck it out with each other.
I am thankful for my wife's forgiveness. I have been a jerk for a long time and did not realize it until this year.
I am thankful for my own ability to forgive. I did not realize I had that much ability but I was able to dig deep and come up with it.
I am thankful for God. He has been with my wife and me all through our trials. The only time we did not see Him was when we turned our back.
I am thankful for prayerful friends. Those that prayed for us through our adoption can never be repaid what they are worth to us.
I am thankful for my new found bravery and confidence. I have been able to directly confront people that I have needed to and take care of things that have gone on for way to long.
Finally I am thankful for my wife. I lost you this year but with God's help I was able to get you back. I love you so much and cannot see a future without you in it and I never want to loose you again. You are what I am most thankful for.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Joygirl said…

    I adore you baby.
    I am most thankful for you too.

    Your Joy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer