I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Broke Down, Damn!

I am jobless. I have not been without a job since I have been married. Ok, there was the short period of time a few years ago when I wasn't working but I technically wasn't unemployed. I owned my own lawn business and it was winter, so there was not much grass to mow. But now I am jobless. The reason I got for my dismissal, and I have it in writing, is that enrollment was down for the degree I recruit for. Let me give you a quick history. I worked for a private university and I was the assistant director of a degree program. What that means is that I did was recruit new students, take care of existing students, make out yearly schedules, design advertising and set it up to run in print and on radio. I also set the schedule for week end classes. The person that had this position before me only had one person show up for registration for his last class. ONE! That means if I got two for my first registration I would increase the next class size by 100% right? I was there long enough to do three registrations. My first one had 7 people. My second had 9 people and my last registration had 12 people sign up and start class. Does this sound like the program was not growing? Didn't think so. Here is how I found out. Last thursday my director tells me she would like to have a meeting with me at nine the next morning. I asked if I needed to prepare anything and she sad, "No." I knew something was up. A meeting that you are invited to with no agenda cannot be good. I made sure I got to work a little early that morning. At nine sharp she and the Dean come into my office. At that point I knew what was going to happen. They were very nice about everything, let me know I was getting laid off and not fired and then let me go home. When I walked in the door my wife looked suprised. She asked why I was home and I told her I was not going back. She looked at me with a puzzled/terrified look on her face. After we talked about it everything was fine. She said that she thought I had left work on an errand for the school and had stopped by for a little romance. (wink wink) To say she was a little suprised at why I was REALLY home was a bit of a downer.
Now it may sound like I am bitter about what happened but I really am not. I graduated from the school and am proud of the work that I did there and hope them nothing but the best. I have many friends there and will stay in contact with them. The truth is I was looking for another job any way. I have four kids and a wife I REALLY like to buy for. Check out my other entries and see. The school was not able to pay me what I need to do what I want. In fact I had a phone interview last Tuesday while sitting in my office! I have faith that this is an opportunity for me to find a job with higher pay and better benefits so I can take better care of my family.
I just hope that my next job does nto require a lot of spelling.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Kerstin said…

    Sony sued over DRM \"rootkit\"
    "van You probably already know that Sony BMG has started selling at least some CDs that include , making it difficult to play the CDs on a computer using any media player other than the one bundle... Sony ...
    Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to highway construction project on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like highway construction project!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    Just keep swiiiiming, just keep swiiiiming, swiming, swiming, swiming......Thats the song we begin to sing everytime my husband loses another job. I lovingly pass it to you my friend. WITH this in mind....Your only allowed to use it once. LOL....thats only because your woman is my best friend.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    P.S.
    Your right, this has all happened for a reason. You'll be put where you need to be. I have faith in that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer