I'm not lost. I'm taking the scenic route.

A lot of this is a love note to my wife but there will occasionally be a random thought thrown in every once in a while.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A New Route

Let me tell you what, I have been married for 9 years and I think I am just now REEAALLLY falling in love with my wife and the woman she is becoming. You may be asking yourself, "What the hell?" I have always loved my wife for the things she provided our marriage. Income, cleaning, planning vacations, sex, she looks good next to me, lots of common sense, takes very good care of the kids. All of these things are reasons for me to love my wife. But to 'Fall in Love' with her and love her for her is something a little new for me. I have come to appreciate my wife for the person she is becoming. She has gone through a lot of painful stuff this last year. Some of it was not her fault, some of it was self inflicted and some of it I inflicted on her. My wife has always been an exceptionally strong willed person and done what she felt was right with out regard for the consequences. She would do things whether she had my support or not and I got used to that. In the last year she has become even stronger. How? She needs my support and me to back her up. By depending on me she has been able to show how strong she really is. It takes a lot of courage to admit that you can't do it all. It has made me stronger too because now I have to use strength that I did not know or forgot that I had. It has also made me re-evaluate how I live my life and feel about my marriage. I was talking to one of her friends about her. I told them that, "I would die for wife." After those words came out of my mouth I stopped to think for a minute. I then quickly withdrew that statement and made a correction. "I love my wife so much I will LIVE for her." It is easy to say you will die for someone. You only have to do that once, but to live for someone requires that you do it everyday of your life. It is not a one time deal but a lifelong commitment. Dying for someone means a onetime sacrifice, but living for that person means you make a sacrifice everyday in time, resources, and effort. But when you are in love with that person the sacrifice is not a loss. It is an investment. An investment in the wonderful life you want to have with that person.
Falling in love with her has been happening for a while now but I kind of went over a cliff this last weekend. We finally got to go out for our anniversary so I took her to a nice restaurant downtown. We had a great dinner and some wine. She was sitting in a booth next to the wall and kept talking about all of the beautiful artwork that was in the restaurant. I had my back to everything but what she did not know is that I had the best view in the place, looking right into her big brown eyes. She looked amazing! Her smooth white skin accented her full red lips. Her long blonde hair was falling over her shoulder. She looked like a princess. We got to talk about things that did not necessarily involve the kids and share a wonderful time. For the first time in a long time I was not distracted by something else in the restaurant. She was my only focus and I hung on everyword she said. After dinner we walked around the entertainment district. There was a great jazz band playing on the dock. There was no place to sit so we walked around a corner and stood next to a balcony overlooking the riverwalk and danced. When we finished I finally noticed that there were other people eating and walking past but while we were dancing and kissing there was no one but her, me and the stars with the music in the back ground. After that we went to Toby Keith's bar. We sat by the fire place and talked some more. Seeing her there by the fire was incredibly sexy. I could hardly talk because she was so beautiful and I did not want to ruin it by saying something silly. After another drink we went and listened to a duo outside another eatery. They were fantastic. We sat at a table, held hands and listened to more great music. It was probably the most romantic evening I have had with my wife in a long time.
Deciding to live for my wife and investing in the life we have together is going to make me a very rich man.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Allison said…

    AWWWWW.....thats awesome. You guys ROCK! ! ! ! !

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Ticket 4 Two said…

    I'm not going to hold it against you that your worth a couple 100k more than me.
    I've only been married 6 months, but love every minute of it! You sound like a great guy- just like my husband!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Gateway Computer Coupons
Gateway Computer